FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Shirley Valentine of Palm Beach, Fla., and Fairfield, died Friday, May 23. She was 76.
Valentine was born April 10, 1938, in Bridgeport, the daughter of Nellie (Mastri) Sattani and Vincent Sattani. She graduated from Central High and attended Fairfield University. She was co-founder of Valentine's Diamond Center in Milford and previously worked as a paralegal and in real estate for many years. She was a member of National Croquet Club and the Palm Beach Round Table.
Valentine is survived by her sons, Michael Valentine III (Ellen) of Bridgeport, Mark Valentine (Theresa) of Bethany and Kirk Valentine (Bernadette) of Warwick, Mass.; five grandchildren; and siblings, Joan Hatrick (Joseph) of Bridgeport, Marlene Duda (Gerald) of Trumbull, Vincent Sattani Jr. (Barbara) of Huntington, and Leonard Sattani of Matalachea, Fla. She was predeceased by her father, Vincent; and husband, Michael Valentine Jr.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 28, at 8:30 a.m. in the Parente-Lauro Funeral Home, 559 Washington Ave., Bridgeport, and at 10 a.m. in St. Margaret's Shrine, 2523 Park Ave., Bridgeport for a Mass of Christian burial. Interment in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Trumbull.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, PO Box 1000, Dept 142, Memphis, TN., 38101.
For more information, visit: www.parentelauro.com
- 1 9 Fairfield Middle Schoolers Treated For Minor Injuries After Bus Accident
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 3 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home