FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Shirley Valentine of Palm Beach, Fla., and Fairfield, died Friday, May 23. She was 76.
Valentine was born April 10, 1938, in Bridgeport, the daughter of Nellie (Mastri) Sattani and Vincent Sattani. She graduated from Central High and attended Fairfield University. She was co-founder of Valentine's Diamond Center in Milford and previously worked as a paralegal and in real estate for many years. She was a member of National Croquet Club and the Palm Beach Round Table.
Valentine is survived by her sons, Michael Valentine III (Ellen) of Bridgeport, Mark Valentine (Theresa) of Bethany and Kirk Valentine (Bernadette) of Warwick, Mass.; five grandchildren; and siblings, Joan Hatrick (Joseph) of Bridgeport, Marlene Duda (Gerald) of Trumbull, Vincent Sattani Jr. (Barbara) of Huntington, and Leonard Sattani of Matalachea, Fla. She was predeceased by her father, Vincent; and husband, Michael Valentine Jr.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 28, at 8:30 a.m. in the Parente-Lauro Funeral Home, 559 Washington Ave., Bridgeport, and at 10 a.m. in St. Margaret's Shrine, 2523 Park Ave., Bridgeport for a Mass of Christian burial. Interment in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Trumbull.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, PO Box 1000, Dept 142, Memphis, TN., 38101.
For more information, visit: www.parentelauro.com
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Car Driven By Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy In Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods