FAIRFIELD/BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Shirley R. Winnick of Fairfield/Bridgeport died June 24. She was 94.
Winnick was born in New York City, and was the daughter of Celia and Louis Greenbaum of Bridgeport. She graduated from Central High School, attended Simmons College, and returned to school later in life to earn her baccalaureate degree from the University of Bridgeport. She was a lifelong resident of the Fairfield and Bridgeport areas. She worked together with her husband for a number of years in the family business, Winnick Steel & Supply. She also was a teacher, real estate agent, and broker. She was a volunteer at many organizations throughout her life, including most recently the Fairfield University Quick Center Theater.
Winnick is survived by her children, Dorene Jafferis of West Haven, Ronnie J. Yates of Bridgeport, and Kenneth B. Winnick; daughter-in-law, Cecily Kaplan of Seattle; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Raymond G. Winnick; brother, Mitchell Greenbaum; and sister, Elaine Barrar.
Service will be held at Congregation B'nai Israel, 2710 Park Ave., Bridgeport, at 1 p.m. Friday, June 27, followed by interment at Loyalty Lodge Cemetery, 172 Burroughs Road, Fairfield.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield