FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Stephen "Whitey" Berecz of Fairfield died July 6. He was 97.
Berecz was born Oct. 13, 1917. A retiree of the Bullard Company, he was a World War II Merchant Marine Veteran. He was a St. Emery's Church trustee, the first "Knight of the Year" of the Father Coleman Council K of C, an Eagle Scout leader, Squire founder, and Sea Scout leader.
Berecz is survived by his wife, Barbara; daughters, Barbara (Jim Hoffmann) and Bonnie (Jim Hicks); four grandchildren; and nine great grandchildren.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 9 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the home of the deceased. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Emery's Church by contacting Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, in Fairfield Center.
For more information, please visit: http://www.LeskoPolkeFuneralHome.com
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 4 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say