HILTON HEAD, S.C. - Susan Van Stone, formerly of Fairfield, died Friday, March 14. She was 67.
Van Stone was born in Bridgeport, and was a resident of Fairfield for over 30 years. She was the daughter of Harold and Margaret Van Stone. She was a graduate of Andrew Warde High School in Fairfield. She worked in radio for over 20 years and was the general manager of WMAS radio in Springfield, Mass. She retired to Hilton Head.
Van Stone is survived by her devoted children, Ellen Baranosky and Julie Sperrazza (Kevin) both of Raleigh, N.C.; son, B.J. Baranosky (Jeanne) of Fairfield; nine grandchildren; a great grandson; and brother, Paul Van Stone (Sharon) of Shelton. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Harold T. Murray, Jr.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held in Raleigh on March 22 at 11am at St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church. A Memorial Mass will take place in Connecticut at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Van Stone's name to Hospice of Wake County, 250 Hospice Circle, Raleigh, NC 27607, http://www.hospiceofwake.org
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 4 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say