FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Suzanne Helen Davidson Newing of Fairfield died Sunday, Jan. 12. She was 89.
Newing was born Sept. 15, 1924, in Philadelphia, daughter of Kenneth Brooks Davidson and Susan Helen Archer Davidson. She had been a Fairfield resident for 54 years. She graduated from Upper Darby High School and later graduated with honors from Bates College, and worked at Curtis Publishing Company in Philadelphia. Following her marriage, she and her husband moved to Easton, then to Fairfield.
Newing was a member of the Bridgeport Hospital Auxiliary for many years. She was a former 50 year member of the Patterson Club and a member of St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Fairfield. She was a member of the Poodle Club of America and the Quinnipiac Poodle Club.
Newing is survived by her daughter, Leslie Anne Newing of Fairfield; sister-in-law, Marilyn Davidson; niece and nephew; great niece and nephew. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, William Edward Newing; and brother, Kenneth Brooks Davidson, Jr.
There will be no calling hours. A private graveside service will be held in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, contributions "in memory of Suzanne Newing" may be made to Bridgeport Hospital Foundation, Inc., 267 Grant Street, Bridgeport, CT 06610 (203) 384-3522,(www.foundation.bridgeporthospital.org).
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station