FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Tecla Baratta White, of Fairfield and Palm Beach, formerly of New Canaan died Wednesday, May 8. She was 83.
White was born in 1929, in the North Bronx, also living in Purdys, N.Y., and in Point Lookout, Long Island, throughout her childhood and early adult life.
She graduated from Barnard College with a BA in History and worked briefly at CBS. After marriage she settled with her family in New Canaan. Later she worked as a fifth-grade teacher in New Canaan and at Richardson-Vicks in Wilton.
White is survived by children, Tommy White of Palm Beach Fla., Conrad (Marilena) White of Wilmington, N.C. and Nicole White (Parker) Kennedy of Raleigh, N.C. and Alison White; brother-in-law, Bill White (Pat), of N.Y.; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Thomas P White II.
Calling hours are Sunday, May 12 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Monday, May 13 at 10 a.m. directly at St. Thomas Aquinas Church, 1719 Post Road, Fairfield. Entombment will follow in Oaklawn Cemetery, Fairfield.
For more information, please visit: www.spearmillerfuneralhome.com
- 1 9 Fairfield Middle Schoolers Treated For Minor Injuries After Bus Accident
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 3 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home