FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Thomas Peter Greenawalt of Fairfield died Thursday, Feb. 27. He was 82.
Greenawalt was born in Fairfield, the son of Seba and Josephine Greenawalt and was a lifelong town resident. He was a graduate of Roger Ludlowe High School and worked for his grandfather's sand and gravel business, the Peter B. German Co. He then developed his own business with his two brothers, Paul and Duane, the Mohican Valley Concrete Corp. He was one of the first members of the Fairfield Elks Lodge.
Greenawalt is survived by his wife, Florence; children, Thomas P. Greenawalt II (Elizabeth), Mark Greenawalt (Sara) and Donna Sedgwick (Scott), all of Fairfield; and five grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and brothers, Paul and Duane Greenawalt.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 4, from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 S. Benson Road, Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, CT Chapter, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield