CORVALLIS, Ore. - Vera E. Banyas of Corvallis and formerly of Fairfield died Jan. 15. She was 91.
Banyas was born in Bridgeport to Frederick and Emily (Olin) Knight. After graduating from high school and Comptometry School, she worked at Northrop Warren Co. in New York City. She then worked at Bullard's Co. (manufacturer of war materials) in Bridgeport during and after World War II. She and her husband lived in Bridgeport and then Fairfield, until 1986 when they moved to Hanover, Pa. In 2004, she moved to Corvallis. She was a lifelong member of Black Rock Congregational Church in Fairfield.
Banyas is survived by her daughter, Margaret Hinckley (James); and three grandchildren and two great-granddaughters. She was predeceased by her husband, Nicholas; and sister, Ruth.
A funeral service will take place at 11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 27, at the First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield. A graveside service will follow at 3 p.m. at Oak Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Zion Lutheran School or Pioneer Clubs in care of McHenry Funeral Home, 206 NW 5th St., Corvallis, OR.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mchenryfuneralhome.com
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say