FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Vito P. Benedetto of Fairfield died Thursday, July 17. He was 86.
Benedetto was born June 28, 1928, in Fairfield, he was the son of Vito L. and Alfonsina (Pinto) Benedetto. He was a retired laborer of the Union, Local 665.
Benedetto is survived by his children, Francine Teixeira (Joseph), Phyllis Alicki (John), and Philip (Luredes); several grandchildren; great grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Angelina (La Luna) Benedetto; son, Nicholas; and siblings, Antonio, Nicholas, Joseph, Edith, Philomena, Nancy, Mary and Angelina.
Calling hours are Monday, July 21 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Parente-Lauro Funeral Home, 559 Washington Ave., Bridgeport. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 22 directly in St. Patrick Church, 851 North Ave., Bridgeport with a Mass of the Christian Burial. Interment will follow in Mountain Grove Cemetery, Bridgeport.
- 1 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State
- 2 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Fairfield; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely