FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Walter M. Czapla of Fairfield died Feb. 19. He was 88.
Czapla was born Nov. 21, 1925, in Fairfield, to Mary (Magera) and John Czapla. He graduated from Roger Ludlowe High School in 1943, was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Navy, and was a retired plumber of Local 173.
Czapla is survived by his wife, Jane (Olenski); children, Mary Jane Bayusik (Jared) of Bridgeport, Michael Czapla of Black Rock, John Czapla of Baton Rouge, La., Joseph Czapla (Virginia) of South Caroline., and Christine Holmes (Christopher) of Granby; eight grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Josephine Wach; and brother, Stanley Czapla.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Feb. 22 at 9:30 a.m. in St. Anthony of Padua Church in Fairfield followed by interment in St. Thomas Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Czapla's memory to St. Anthony Church, 149 South Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, CT, 06824.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 3 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013
- 5 United Illuminating, Fairfield's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm