FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Walter M. Czapla of Fairfield died Feb. 19. He was 88.
Czapla was born Nov. 21, 1925, in Fairfield, to Mary (Magera) and John Czapla. He graduated from Roger Ludlowe High School in 1943, was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Navy, and was a retired plumber of Local 173.
Czapla is survived by his wife, Jane (Olenski); children, Mary Jane Bayusik (Jared) of Bridgeport, Michael Czapla of Black Rock, John Czapla of Baton Rouge, La., Joseph Czapla (Virginia) of South Caroline., and Christine Holmes (Christopher) of Granby; eight grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Josephine Wach; and brother, Stanley Czapla.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Feb. 22 at 9:30 a.m. in St. Anthony of Padua Church in Fairfield followed by interment in St. Thomas Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Czapla's memory to St. Anthony Church, 149 South Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, CT, 06824.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 3 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station