FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Walter M. Czapla of Fairfield died Feb. 19. He was 88.
Czapla was born Nov. 21, 1925, in Fairfield, to Mary (Magera) and John Czapla. He graduated from Roger Ludlowe High School in 1943, was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Navy, and was a retired plumber of Local 173.
Czapla is survived by his wife, Jane (Olenski); children, Mary Jane Bayusik (Jared) of Bridgeport, Michael Czapla of Black Rock, John Czapla of Baton Rouge, La., Joseph Czapla (Virginia) of South Caroline., and Christine Holmes (Christopher) of Granby; eight grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Josephine Wach; and brother, Stanley Czapla.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 21 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Feb. 22 at 9:30 a.m. in St. Anthony of Padua Church in Fairfield followed by interment in St. Thomas Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Czapla's memory to St. Anthony Church, 149 South Pine Creek Road, Fairfield, CT, 06824.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Investigate Possible Armed Robbery At Fairfield Ice Cream Shop
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield