FAIRFIELD, Conn. - William H. Legg of Fairfield died March 31. He was 88.
Legg was born in Mount Vernon, N.Y., to Raymond and Elizabeth (Whritnour) Legg, he was a Fairfield resident for 48 years. He was a U.S. Army Air Corps veteran having served in World War II. He was an electrician for nearly 30 years and was a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local # 501. He was also a longtime member of Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church.
Legg is survived by his children, Raymond Legg (Cynthia) of Naugatuck and Carol Roth (Charles) of Pittsburgh, Pa.; four grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter. He was predeceased by his parents; and wife, Diane Purdy Legg.
Calling hours are Saturday, April 5 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. prior to the service at the Shaughnessey Banks Funeral Home, 50 Reef Road in Fairfield Center. The funeral service will be held at 12 p.m. Saturday, April 5 at the Fairfield Grace United Methodist Church, 1089 Fairfield Woods Road in Fairfield. Interment with military honors, will follow in Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 3 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 4 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66
- 5 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified