FAIRFIELD, Conn. - William J. Chockey Sr. of Fairfield died Monday, Aug. 4. He was 70.
Chockey was born in Bridgeport, to William and Carmella (DePiano) Chockey. He served in the U.S. Army in Vietnam and was a former member of St. Raphael's Buccaneers.
Chockey is survived by his sons, William J. Chockey Jr. (Claudia) of Naugatuck, Richard A. Chockey (Tanya) of Newtown, and Jamie A. Chockey (Madeline) of Naugatuck; daughters, Cheryl A. Chockey and Candace L. Chockey, both of Fairfield; and seven grandchildren and three nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Gerald Chockey.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 11, from 5 to 7 p.m., with a wake service beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road. Committal service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, in Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Chockey's memory to a charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash