FAIRFIELD, Conn. - William J. Chockey Sr. of Fairfield died Monday, Aug. 4. He was 70.
Chockey was born in Bridgeport, to William and Carmella (DePiano) Chockey. He served in the U.S. Army in Vietnam and was a former member of St. Raphael's Buccaneers.
Chockey is survived by his sons, William J. Chockey Jr. (Claudia) of Naugatuck, Richard A. Chockey (Tanya) of Newtown, and Jamie A. Chockey (Madeline) of Naugatuck; daughters, Cheryl A. Chockey and Candace L. Chockey, both of Fairfield; and seven grandchildren and three nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Gerald Chockey.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 11, from 5 to 7 p.m., with a wake service beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road. Committal service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, in Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Chockey's memory to a charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 2 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Fairfield
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Fairfield Roads Remain Closed For Nonessential Travel Due To Snow, Wind