FAIRFIELD, Conn. - William J. Chockey Sr. of Fairfield died Monday, Aug. 4. He was 70.
Chockey was born in Bridgeport, to William and Carmella (DePiano) Chockey. He served in the U.S. Army in Vietnam and was a former member of St. Raphael's Buccaneers.
Chockey is survived by his sons, William J. Chockey Jr. (Claudia) of Naugatuck, Richard A. Chockey (Tanya) of Newtown, and Jamie A. Chockey (Madeline) of Naugatuck; daughters, Cheryl A. Chockey and Candace L. Chockey, both of Fairfield; and seven grandchildren and three nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Gerald Chockey.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 11, from 5 to 7 p.m., with a wake service beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Fairfield Funeral Home of Edmund W. Dougiello, 36 South Pine Creek Road. Committal service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, in Lawncroft Cemetery in Fairfield.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Chockey's memory to a charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Stephen Bowers, 53, Longtime Fairfield Resident, Worked At GE
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders