FAIRFIELD, Conn. - William J. Klein, a lifelong Fairfield resident, died Monday, Aug. 26. He was 82.
Klein was a six term member of the RTM, served on the golf commission and was instrumental in working behind the scenes with F.A.A.R.H to open Fairfield's first group home, the Broadhurst Manor. He worked for the mentally challenged. He was a U.S. Navy Veteran who served during the Korean War.
Klein is survived by his wife, Lyn Ellsworth Klein; son, Thomas Klein (Karen) of Fairfield; daughter, Patrice Klein of Fairfield; five grandchildren; niece and nephew; and cousins. He was predeceased by his sons, Billy and James Klein; brother, Frank; and lifelong friends, Sam, Jimmy, Gene, and Johnny.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 29 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, Aug. 30 at 11 a.m. meeting directly at St. Pius X Church Brookside Drive, Fairfield with interment to follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Klein's memory to the Kennedy Center, 2440 Reservoir Ave., Trumbull, CT 06611, (203) 365-8522.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield