FAIRFIELD, Conn. - William J. Klein, a lifelong Fairfield resident, died Monday, Aug. 26. He was 82.
Klein was a six term member of the RTM, served on the golf commission and was instrumental in working behind the scenes with F.A.A.R.H to open Fairfield's first group home, the Broadhurst Manor. He worked for the mentally challenged. He was a U.S. Navy Veteran who served during the Korean War.
Klein is survived by his wife, Lyn Ellsworth Klein; son, Thomas Klein (Karen) of Fairfield; daughter, Patrice Klein of Fairfield; five grandchildren; niece and nephew; and cousins. He was predeceased by his sons, Billy and James Klein; brother, Frank; and lifelong friends, Sam, Jimmy, Gene, and Johnny.
Calling hours are Thursday, Aug. 29 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday, Aug. 30 at 11 a.m. meeting directly at St. Pius X Church Brookside Drive, Fairfield with interment to follow in Oak Lawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Klein's memory to the Kennedy Center, 2440 Reservoir Ave., Trumbull, CT 06611, (203) 365-8522.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Fairfield
- 4 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 5 Suspect In Custody In Shooting Death Of Bridgeport Construction Worker