WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vt. - William J. Malcolm, formerly of Fairfield, Conn., died Sunday, June 29. He was 89.
Malcolm was born March 31, 1925, in Milton, Mass., the son of Clarence and Helen (Doyle) Malcolm. He graduated from high school in Fairfield, then enlisted in the Army, where he served as a medic in Germany during World War II.
Upon his return in 1946, he founded an insurance company, the Malcolm Agency Inc., which he ran as owner and president for over 50 years. After his retirement, he moved to the Upper Valley of Vermont, serving as president of the Resident Council at Brookside Nursing Home.
Malcolm is survived by his daughters, Ruth M. Hebert of Essex Junction, and D’Arcy M. Causey of South Carolina; four grandsons; six great-grandchildren; and sister, Eileen Powers of Florida. He was predeceased by his brother, Thomas Malcolm; and sister, Mary O’Donovan.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at noon Thursday, July 3, at St Anthony’s Church in White River Junction. Interment will be in the Mountain Grove Cemetery in Bridgeport, Conn., at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Activity Fund at Brookside Nursing Home, 1200 Christian Street, White River Junction, VT 05001.
For more information, visit www.knightfuneralhomes.com.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Norwalk-Based Soccer Team Plays In Quarterfinals Of U.S. Tourney
- 4 Fairfield Tree Calls It Quits, Damages House And Car
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7