FAIRFIELD, Conn. - William R. Godo of Fairfield died April 5. He was 74.
Godo was born June 30, 1939, in Bridgeport, the son of William and Clara Godo. He was a Fairfield resident all his life and attended Nathan Hale School and Andrew Warde High School. He was a graduate of the Connecticut School of Electronics in New Haven. He served in the U.S. Army.
He was an electronic technician and worked for many local companies including Automatic Signal, General Science, ITT, Black & Decker and later Bills Home Repair Service before his retirement.
Godo is survived by his wife, Jeanette (Murray); daughter, Noreen (Joseph) Rando of Fairfield; son, William (Kelly) of Shelton; a grandson; sister, Doris (Paul) Baker of Huntington; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 8, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Redgate-Hennessy Funeral Home, Main Street and Gorham Place, Trumbull. Funeral services will be held Wednesday, April 9, at 11 a.m. meeting in Our Lady of the Assumption Church, 545 Stratfield Road, Fairfield, with a Mass of Christian burial. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Chronic Disease Fund by contributing online at https://gooddaysfromcdf.org/giving-back/make-a-gift/ or at 6900 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade