FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police reported no fatal accidents throughout Fairfield County and all of Connecticut with its increased patrols during the New Year's holiday, police officials said.
Authorities stepped up patrols with targeted enforcement and sobriety checkpoints beginning Monday, Dec. 30, and running through midnight Thursday, Jan. 2, according to State Police.
In all, 84 accidents were investigated, 18 of which had injuries. Police also issued 560 speeding tickets, 16 seatbelt tickets, 1,040 moving violations and made 18 DUI arrests, according to State Police.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place