FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police reported no fatal accidents throughout Fairfield County and all of Connecticut with its increased patrols during the New Year's holiday, police officials said.
Authorities stepped up patrols with targeted enforcement and sobriety checkpoints beginning Monday, Dec. 30, and running through midnight Thursday, Jan. 2, according to State Police.
In all, 84 accidents were investigated, 18 of which had injuries. Police also issued 560 speeding tickets, 16 seatbelt tickets, 1,040 moving violations and made 18 DUI arrests, according to State Police.
- 1 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max