FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police reported no fatal accidents throughout Fairfield County and all of Connecticut with its increased patrols during the New Year's holiday, police officials said.
Authorities stepped up patrols with targeted enforcement and sobriety checkpoints beginning Monday, Dec. 30, and running through midnight Thursday, Jan. 2, according to State Police.
In all, 84 accidents were investigated, 18 of which had injuries. Police also issued 560 speeding tickets, 16 seatbelt tickets, 1,040 moving violations and made 18 DUI arrests, according to State Police.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 3 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013
- 5 United Illuminating, Fairfield's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm