FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police reported no fatal accidents throughout Fairfield County and all of Connecticut with its increased patrols during the New Year's holiday, police officials said.
Authorities stepped up patrols with targeted enforcement and sobriety checkpoints beginning Monday, Dec. 30, and running through midnight Thursday, Jan. 2, according to State Police.
In all, 84 accidents were investigated, 18 of which had injuries. Police also issued 560 speeding tickets, 16 seatbelt tickets, 1,040 moving violations and made 18 DUI arrests, according to State Police.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 2 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 3 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 4 Renovations At Fairfield Ludlowe Will Cost More Than Expected
- 5 Fairfield Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend