FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police reported no fatal accidents throughout Fairfield County and all of Connecticut with its increased patrols during the New Year's holiday, police officials said.
Authorities stepped up patrols with targeted enforcement and sobriety checkpoints beginning Monday, Dec. 30, and running through midnight Thursday, Jan. 2, according to State Police.
In all, 84 accidents were investigated, 18 of which had injuries. Police also issued 560 speeding tickets, 16 seatbelt tickets, 1,040 moving violations and made 18 DUI arrests, according to State Police.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield