FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police reported no fatal accidents throughout Fairfield County and all of Connecticut with its increased patrols during the New Year's holiday, police officials said.
Authorities stepped up patrols with targeted enforcement and sobriety checkpoints beginning Monday, Dec. 30, and running through midnight Thursday, Jan. 2, according to State Police.
In all, 84 accidents were investigated, 18 of which had injuries. Police also issued 560 speeding tickets, 16 seatbelt tickets, 1,040 moving violations and made 18 DUI arrests, according to State Police.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow