FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut State Police reported no fatal accidents throughout Fairfield County and all of Connecticut with its increased patrols during the New Year's holiday, police officials said.
Authorities stepped up patrols with targeted enforcement and sobriety checkpoints beginning Monday, Dec. 30, and running through midnight Thursday, Jan. 2, according to State Police.
In all, 84 accidents were investigated, 18 of which had injuries. Police also issued 560 speeding tickets, 16 seatbelt tickets, 1,040 moving violations and made 18 DUI arrests, according to State Police.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 4 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 5 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot