FAIRFIELD, Conn. - More than $1,000 in copper sheets and pipes has been stolen from a house that was under construction, Fairfield police said.
The owners of the home on Pequot Avenue reported Thursday that the garage where the copper was kept had been broken into, police said. The lock had been cut off the garage door, the police report said.
Three sheets of copper and some copper piping were stolen from inside, police said.
Police were investigating the incident.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire