FAIRFIELD, Conn. - More than $1,000 in copper sheets and pipes has been stolen from a house that was under construction, Fairfield police said.
The owners of the home on Pequot Avenue reported Thursday that the garage where the copper was kept had been broken into, police said. The lock had been cut off the garage door, the police report said.
Three sheets of copper and some copper piping were stolen from inside, police said.
Police were investigating the incident.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Open Houses In Fairfield This Weekend
- 5 Southport Students Win National Awards At History Day Contest