FAIRFIELD, Conn. - An 18-year-old Easton woman was charged with trespassing after she smashed a crystal chandelier with a fireplace screen at her boyfriend's home on Melville Avenue, Fairfield police said.
Officers were called to the home by a 19-year-old man who said his house had been broken into and the chandelier broken, police said.
At the scene, officers warned the man about filing a false report, police said. The teen then told officers his girlfriend, whom his mother didn't want at the house, had damaged the chandelier, police said.
Officers then found Melissa Barney hiding in the attic, and she admitted she had thrown a metal fireplace screen at the chandelier after an argument with her boyfriend, police said.
The mother had warned Barney not to return to the house and asked that she be arrested, police said. The damage to the crystal chandelier was estimated at about $3,000.
Barney was charged with first-degree criminal trespassing, third-degree criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. She was given a court date of Feb. 19 and released into her father's custody.
An ambulance was called for the boyfriend, who complained of a panic attack.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station