FAIRFIELD, Conn. - An 18-year-old Easton woman was charged with trespassing after she smashed a crystal chandelier with a fireplace screen at her boyfriend's home on Melville Avenue, Fairfield police said.
Officers were called to the home by a 19-year-old man who said his house had been broken into and the chandelier broken, police said.
At the scene, officers warned the man about filing a false report, police said. The teen then told officers his girlfriend, whom his mother didn't want at the house, had damaged the chandelier, police said.
Officers then found Melissa Barney hiding in the attic, and she admitted she had thrown a metal fireplace screen at the chandelier after an argument with her boyfriend, police said.
The mother had warned Barney not to return to the house and asked that she be arrested, police said. The damage to the crystal chandelier was estimated at about $3,000.
Barney was charged with first-degree criminal trespassing, third-degree criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. She was given a court date of Feb. 19 and released into her father's custody.
An ambulance was called for the boyfriend, who complained of a panic attack.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light