FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield Animal Control is looking for a black Labrador mix that might have bitten a woman on Penfield Beach Saturday morning.
A woman told police that she was walking on the beach between Penfield and the Fairfield Beach Club when an unleashed dog bit her on the arm. The woman said that she did not know she had been bitten until later, when she found three puncture marks on her arm.
The dog’s owner was described as a woman in her 40s or 50s, wearing a black puffy jacket, a white knit hat and sunglasses. She called the dog “Pippa,” but no Lab mixes with that name are registered in Fairfield, police said.
Animal Control hopes to find the dog’s owner to make sure that the dog has received its rabies vaccines, to help the victim avoid post-exposure shots. Anyone who might be able to help should contact Fairfield Animal Control at 203-254-4847.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders