FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield Animal Control is looking for a black Labrador mix that might have bitten a woman on Penfield Beach Saturday morning.
A woman told police that she was walking on the beach between Penfield and the Fairfield Beach Club when an unleashed dog bit her on the arm. The woman said that she did not know she had been bitten until later, when she found three puncture marks on her arm.
The dog’s owner was described as a woman in her 40s or 50s, wearing a black puffy jacket, a white knit hat and sunglasses. She called the dog “Pippa,” but no Lab mixes with that name are registered in Fairfield, police said.
Animal Control hopes to find the dog’s owner to make sure that the dog has received its rabies vaccines, to help the victim avoid post-exposure shots. Anyone who might be able to help should contact Fairfield Animal Control at 203-254-4847.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Fairfield, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director