FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield Animal Control is looking for a black Labrador mix that might have bitten a woman on Penfield Beach Saturday morning.
A woman told police that she was walking on the beach between Penfield and the Fairfield Beach Club when an unleashed dog bit her on the arm. The woman said that she did not know she had been bitten until later, when she found three puncture marks on her arm.
The dog’s owner was described as a woman in her 40s or 50s, wearing a black puffy jacket, a white knit hat and sunglasses. She called the dog “Pippa,” but no Lab mixes with that name are registered in Fairfield, police said.
Animal Control hopes to find the dog’s owner to make sure that the dog has received its rabies vaccines, to help the victim avoid post-exposure shots. Anyone who might be able to help should contact Fairfield Animal Control at 203-254-4847.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield