FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Fairfield man was found lying on Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course Sunday morning eight hours after crashing his car into a tree nearby, according to police reports.
Golfers at the Easton Turnpike course reported finding an SUV with a body nearby it close to the 12th hole of the course at about 10 a.m. Sunday. Police said when they arrived they woke the man up, and the 20-year-old Fairfield resident told officers that he had struck a tree at about 2 a.m. and had been lying there ever since.
Accident investigators believe the man was driving on Golfview Terrace before the accident occurred, officials said. It appeared he continued driving into the wooded area near the golf course at the end of the dead-end street, striking several bushes and trees before stopping, according to police reports.
The driver admitted to “experimenting” with different prescription medications before driving, according to the incident report. He was taken to St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport for treatment Sunday. Charges are still pending in the case, police say.
- 1 Driver Thrown From Car, Killed In Rollover Crash On I-95 In Westport
- 2 Fairfield County Foodie Shares Her Top Dishes Of 2014
- 3 Fairfield Woman Affected By Sony Hack Tops Week's News
- 4 Fairfield Letter: Highway Tolls Are Part Of The Solution
- 5 Fairfield's Katz Reappointed State Commissioner Of Children & Families