FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was arrested on drunken driving charges early Saturday after a Fairfield resident reported that a car was in a snowbank on Grasmere Avenue, police said
When officers arrived at the scene early Saturday, they found Orlando Delgado, 23, asleep in the reclined driver seat of the car, police said. The car had been driven onto the sidewalk and into a snowbank, and the front bumper was detached from the impact, police said.
Delgado was unsteady on his feet getting out of the car and failed all three field sobriety tests, according to the police report.
While getting the keys from Delgado's car, officers found a bag with less than a half-ounce of marijuana in the center console, police said.
Officers took Delgado to department headquarters and had the car towed, police said. At the police department, Delgado refused to take a breath test and was charged with driving under the influence, failure to drive right and possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana, police said.
He was released to a family member with a court date of March 11 after posting $100 cash bond.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community