FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Officers stopped a man they spotted driving erratically on Grasmere Avenue early Friday and charged him with driving under the influence, Fairfield police said.
The officer saw Gregory Smith, 29 of Stratford, cross the double yellow line at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and nearly strike another car, police said.
Smith was stopped on Meadow Brook Road, and failed all three field sobriety tests, police said.
Fairfield police charged Smith with driving under the influence and failure to drive right. He was released on $100 cash bond and given a court date of Aug. 18.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps