FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Officers stopped a man they spotted driving erratically on Grasmere Avenue early Friday and charged him with driving under the influence, Fairfield police said.
The officer saw Gregory Smith, 29 of Stratford, cross the double yellow line at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and nearly strike another car, police said.
Smith was stopped on Meadow Brook Road, and failed all three field sobriety tests, police said.
Fairfield police charged Smith with driving under the influence and failure to drive right. He was released on $100 cash bond and given a court date of Aug. 18.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare