FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Officers stopped a man they spotted driving erratically on Grasmere Avenue early Friday and charged him with driving under the influence, Fairfield police said.
The officer saw Gregory Smith, 29 of Stratford, cross the double yellow line at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and nearly strike another car, police said.
Smith was stopped on Meadow Brook Road, and failed all three field sobriety tests, police said.
Fairfield police charged Smith with driving under the influence and failure to drive right. He was released on $100 cash bond and given a court date of Aug. 18.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 3 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield
- 4 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Fairfield
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade