FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Officers stopped a man they spotted driving erratically on Grasmere Avenue early Friday and charged him with driving under the influence, Fairfield police said.
The officer saw Gregory Smith, 29 of Stratford, cross the double yellow line at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and nearly strike another car, police said.
Smith was stopped on Meadow Brook Road, and failed all three field sobriety tests, police said.
Fairfield police charged Smith with driving under the influence and failure to drive right. He was released on $100 cash bond and given a court date of Aug. 18.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light