FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Officers stopped a man they spotted driving erratically on Grasmere Avenue early Friday and charged him with driving under the influence, Fairfield police said.
The officer saw Gregory Smith, 29 of Stratford, cross the double yellow line at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and nearly strike another car, police said.
Smith was stopped on Meadow Brook Road, and failed all three field sobriety tests, police said.
Fairfield police charged Smith with driving under the influence and failure to drive right. He was released on $100 cash bond and given a court date of Aug. 18.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 3 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station