FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Stratford man was charged on a warrant Tuesday with assaulting a family friend in his ex-wife's Fairfield home last month, police said.
Fairfield officers were called December on a report that a man went into a home and punched a man in the face, police said.
According to the police report, Frank Julian, 49, of Stratford, entered his ex-wife's home on Greenlawn Drive and punched a family friend in the face several times and yelled obscenities at him.
When officers arrived, Julian had left the house, police said. Officers attempted to contact Julian several times over the phone but were unable to reach him, police said.
When officers finally reached Julian, he told them that he went to the house to get some personal items when the people in the house attacked him and he acted in self defense, police said.
Officers reviewed the evidence and found no evidence that the family friend had attacked Julian, police said.
Fairfield police arrested Julian on Tuesday and charged with third-degree assault and disorderly conduct. He was held on $5,000 bond and given a court date of Jan. 15. No information regarding his court appearance was available.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 5 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State