FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A 14-year-old boy was charged with assault after an argument with his mother about putting away groceries escalated into a physical fight in their home in Fairfield on Friday night, Fairfield police said.
The mother called 911 after the fight, crying hysterically, saying she her 14-year-old son had assaulted her, police said.
When officers arrived, the mother and son were in separate parts of the house, police said. The mother told officers that she had come home from the store and asked her son to put away the groceries as she completed other chores, police said.
When she returned to the kitchen, her son was trying to close an overfilled freezer drawer and said that if he continued to shove the drawer, it would break, police said.
After arguing for a period of time, the mother said she attempted to move him away from the drawer, police said.
The son then pushed his mother to the ground and punched her several times as she attempted to get up, saying that he hated her and wanted to kill her, police said.
Officers spoke with the son, who said she had punched him and he retaliated, police said. He admitted to officers that they have a difficult relationship, police said.
Fairfield officers charged the teenager with third-degree assault, second-degree threatening and disorderly conduct. He was released to the hospital for treatment on a promise to appear in court Tuesday.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7