FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Throughout the month of August, Fairfield firefighters have been wearing red shirts on Fridays to support
U.S. military personnel.
The red shirts are part of a nationwide campaign that began back in 2006 and now involves numerous
International Association of Fire Fighters locals and other organizations.
Chief Richard S. Felner said the Fairfield Fire Department will continue to demonstrate its support and gratitude to members of the nation’s military for their bravery and sacrifice.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors