FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Throughout the month of August, Fairfield firefighters have been wearing red shirts on Fridays to support
U.S. military personnel.
The red shirts are part of a nationwide campaign that began back in 2006 and now involves numerous
International Association of Fire Fighters locals and other organizations.
Chief Richard S. Felner said the Fairfield Fire Department will continue to demonstrate its support and gratitude to members of the nation’s military for their bravery and sacrifice.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire