FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Throughout the month of August, Fairfield firefighters have been wearing red shirts on Fridays to support
U.S. military personnel.
The red shirts are part of a nationwide campaign that began back in 2006 and now involves numerous
International Association of Fire Fighters locals and other organizations.
Chief Richard S. Felner said the Fairfield Fire Department will continue to demonstrate its support and gratitude to members of the nation’s military for their bravery and sacrifice.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400