FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Throughout the month of August, Fairfield firefighters have been wearing red shirts on Fridays to support
U.S. military personnel.
The red shirts are part of a nationwide campaign that began back in 2006 and now involves numerous
International Association of Fire Fighters locals and other organizations.
Chief Richard S. Felner said the Fairfield Fire Department will continue to demonstrate its support and gratitude to members of the nation’s military for their bravery and sacrifice.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield