FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Throughout the month of August, Fairfield firefighters have been wearing red shirts on Fridays to support
U.S. military personnel.
The red shirts are part of a nationwide campaign that began back in 2006 and now involves numerous
International Association of Fire Fighters locals and other organizations.
Chief Richard S. Felner said the Fairfield Fire Department will continue to demonstrate its support and gratitude to members of the nation’s military for their bravery and sacrifice.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield