FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A 71-year-old Fairfield man turned himself in to police Friday morning after learning there was a warrant for his arrest on a charge of driving under the influence from an April crash, police said.
Douglas Prescott was found in his car on Flintlock Road at about 11 p.m. April 12 slumped over at the wheel, a police report said.
There was fresh damage to the front end of his car, and one of the front tires was blown out, police said.
The car was towed, and Prescott was taken to Bridgeport Hospital due to what the police report called an "extreme level of intoxication."
Officers were unable to determine what Prescott's car hit to cause the damage to the front end, police said.
Prescott was charged with driving under the influence and released on $100 bond with a court date of June 27.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station