FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A 71-year-old Fairfield man turned himself in to police Friday morning after learning there was a warrant for his arrest on a charge of driving under the influence from an April crash, police said.
Douglas Prescott was found in his car on Flintlock Road at about 11 p.m. April 12 slumped over at the wheel, a police report said.
There was fresh damage to the front end of his car, and one of the front tires was blown out, police said.
The car was towed, and Prescott was taken to Bridgeport Hospital due to what the police report called an "extreme level of intoxication."
Officers were unable to determine what Prescott's car hit to cause the damage to the front end, police said.
Prescott was charged with driving under the influence and released on $100 bond with a court date of June 27.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Fairfield
- 3 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping
- 4 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 5 Fairfield Native Takes Star Turn In 'Little Shop Of Horrors'