FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police located a man wanted for theft while making a welfare check on a home on Mayfair Lane on Friday night, July 11.
According to police, the Patriot National Bank on Black Rock Turnpike contacted Fairfield police on Nov. 1 after a man identified as Robert Kovatch, 50, of Fairfield, allegedly opened an account with $240 on Oct. 28 and withdrew the money the next day. A check for $150 was deposited on Oct. 30, and the cash was again withdrawn the next day.
The bank froze the account and police were granted an arrest warrant after an investigation.
Kovatch was charged with sixth-degree larceny and released on a written promise to appear in court on Wednesday, July 23.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving