FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police located a man wanted for theft while making a welfare check on a home on Mayfair Lane on Friday night, July 11.
According to police, the Patriot National Bank on Black Rock Turnpike contacted Fairfield police on Nov. 1 after a man identified as Robert Kovatch, 50, of Fairfield, allegedly opened an account with $240 on Oct. 28 and withdrew the money the next day. A check for $150 was deposited on Oct. 30, and the cash was again withdrawn the next day.
The bank froze the account and police were granted an arrest warrant after an investigation.
Kovatch was charged with sixth-degree larceny and released on a written promise to appear in court on Wednesday, July 23.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 4 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 5 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended