FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police located a man wanted for theft while making a welfare check on a home on Mayfair Lane on Friday night, July 11.
According to police, the Patriot National Bank on Black Rock Turnpike contacted Fairfield police on Nov. 1 after a man identified as Robert Kovatch, 50, of Fairfield, allegedly opened an account with $240 on Oct. 28 and withdrew the money the next day. A check for $150 was deposited on Oct. 30, and the cash was again withdrawn the next day.
The bank froze the account and police were granted an arrest warrant after an investigation.
Kovatch was charged with sixth-degree larceny and released on a written promise to appear in court on Wednesday, July 23.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 3 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 4 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66
- 5 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified