FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police located a man wanted for theft while making a welfare check on a home on Mayfair Lane on Friday night, July 11.
According to police, the Patriot National Bank on Black Rock Turnpike contacted Fairfield police on Nov. 1 after a man identified as Robert Kovatch, 50, of Fairfield, allegedly opened an account with $240 on Oct. 28 and withdrew the money the next day. A check for $150 was deposited on Oct. 30, and the cash was again withdrawn the next day.
The bank froze the account and police were granted an arrest warrant after an investigation.
Kovatch was charged with sixth-degree larceny and released on a written promise to appear in court on Wednesday, July 23.
- 1 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 2 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Fairfield Urges Residents To Be Prepared, Sign Up With CodeRED