FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Fairfield man was charged with sexual assault on a pre-teen Friday afternoon.
Kerry Mcguire, 38, of Oakwood Drive is accused of having inappropriate contact with a 13-year-old girl during the course of a few years, according to police reports.
The Connecticut State Police Computer Crimes Unit contacted Fairfield police in June about information received from an online chat session. A girl said within an online game chat room that she had had inappropriate contact with an adult man, police said.
Investigators tracked the messages to the victim and after an investigation identified Mcguire as the suspect, according to police reports. Shelton police arrested Mcguire Aug. 6 for charges related to the case. While still in custody, he was taken to Bridgeport Superior Court to face Fairfield’s charges.
Fairfield police charged Mcguire with first-degree sexual assault, fourth-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor, all felonies. He was held in lieu of $200,000 bond and arraigned Friday.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66