FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A 36-year-old Fairfield man was charged with assault after an argument with his girlfriend turned physical Sunday night, police said.
According to the police report, Michael Schouten got into a physical fight with his girlfriend at a house on Longview Avenue but fled when she said she would call the police.
When officers arrived, they could see marks on the victim's neck where Schouten held her down, the police report said. She told officers that he threatened to kill her with their 3-year-old daughter in the house, police said.
After officers contacted him, Schouten returned to the house and was taken into custody, police said.
Schouten was charged with disorderly conduct, third-degree assault and second-degree unlawful restraint. He was held on $10,000 bond and taken to court on Jan. 27.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community