FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A 36-year-old Fairfield man was charged with assault after an argument with his girlfriend turned physical Sunday night, police said.
According to the police report, Michael Schouten got into a physical fight with his girlfriend at a house on Longview Avenue but fled when she said she would call the police.
When officers arrived, they could see marks on the victim's neck where Schouten held her down, the police report said. She told officers that he threatened to kill her with their 3-year-old daughter in the house, police said.
After officers contacted him, Schouten returned to the house and was taken into custody, police said.
Schouten was charged with disorderly conduct, third-degree assault and second-degree unlawful restraint. He was held on $10,000 bond and taken to court on Jan. 27.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild
- 3 Fairfield Police Assist In Tracking Down Shoplifting Suspects In Westport
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital