FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A 36-year-old Fairfield man was charged with assault after an argument with his girlfriend turned physical Sunday night, police said.
According to the police report, Michael Schouten got into a physical fight with his girlfriend at a house on Longview Avenue but fled when she said she would call the police.
When officers arrived, they could see marks on the victim's neck where Schouten held her down, the police report said. She told officers that he threatened to kill her with their 3-year-old daughter in the house, police said.
After officers contacted him, Schouten returned to the house and was taken into custody, police said.
Schouten was charged with disorderly conduct, third-degree assault and second-degree unlawful restraint. He was held on $10,000 bond and taken to court on Jan. 27.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 3 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66