FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A 23-year-old Fairfield man was arrested on assault charges after smashing a phone during a domestic dispute at a house on Crane Street early Saturday, police said.
Fairfield police said they were called to the home on a report of "a physical incident" at the home.
The victim told officers that Christopher Davies had taken a phone and smashed it against the wall to prevent a female family member from calling police.
He shoved her against the wall, causing visible bruising on her arms and scratches, the police report said. The victim told police she had called because she knew that Davies can become violent when angry.
After the incident, Davies left the house, police said. Officers located him in Stratford and return him to the house before taking him into custody, police said.
Davies was charged with third-degree assault and disorderly conduct. He was released on $5,000 bond and ordered to have no contact with the victim. He was due in court on Feb. 10.
No further information was available regarding his arrest.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400