FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A 23-year-old Fairfield man was arrested on assault charges after smashing a phone during a domestic dispute at a house on Crane Street early Saturday, police said.
Fairfield police said they were called to the home on a report of "a physical incident" at the home.
The victim told officers that Christopher Davies had taken a phone and smashed it against the wall to prevent a female family member from calling police.
He shoved her against the wall, causing visible bruising on her arms and scratches, the police report said. The victim told police she had called because she knew that Davies can become violent when angry.
After the incident, Davies left the house, police said. Officers located him in Stratford and return him to the house before taking him into custody, police said.
Davies was charged with third-degree assault and disorderly conduct. He was released on $5,000 bond and ordered to have no contact with the victim. He was due in court on Feb. 10.
No further information was available regarding his arrest.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 3 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield
- 5 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault