FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Fairfield man was arrested on multiple charges after a call Thursday evening from a child that there was a woman cut and bleeding on the floor of a home on Meadowcrest Drive in Fairfield, police said.
When officers arrived, they found a woman on the floor with several serious cuts on her legs and a significant amount of blood loss, police said. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment, police said.
Officers spoke with Weetmaher Deronville, 23, and the victim and learned that the dispute stemmed from an argument when the victim attempted to leave to get food, police said.
Deronville threw a bottle of wine at the victim, smashing it on the ground and causing her to fall, police said. He then dragged her through the large pieces of broken glass, police said. Small children were in the home when the incident took place, police said.
Police charged Deronville with disorderly conduct, second-degree assault and second-degree reckless endangerment. During the investigation, officers also determined that the Greenwich Police Department had an active arrest warrant for Deronville on breach of peace charges.
He was held on $50,000 bond and brought to court April 25. The outcome of his court hearing was not known.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash