FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Fairfield man was charged with disorderly conduct and violation of a protective order after an argument with his ex-wife escalated Saturday evening, police said.
While his ex-wife was clearing out her belongings from their home, 38-year-old Allen Liptak began to throw her clothes on the floor, police said. After she called 911, he held her down on the bed and bruised her arms, police said.
According to the ex-wife, Liptak was at the house when she was trying to clear out her belongings, a violation of the protective order against him, police said. When he became violent with her belongings, she called police, the report said. She told officers that when he found out she had called, he took the phone and pushed her, causing a visible bruise on her bicep, police said.
When officers arrived, nothing looked disturbed, which was because Liptak had straightened up the scene, police said.
Liptak was charged with disorderly conduct and violation of a protective order and taken to the police station for processing. His ex-wife was notified when he was released from custody on $25,000 bond and given a court date of July 7.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community