FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Fairfield man was charged with disorderly conduct and violation of a protective order after an argument with his ex-wife escalated Saturday evening, police said.
While his ex-wife was clearing out her belongings from their home, 38-year-old Allen Liptak began to throw her clothes on the floor, police said. After she called 911, he held her down on the bed and bruised her arms, police said.
According to the ex-wife, Liptak was at the house when she was trying to clear out her belongings, a violation of the protective order against him, police said. When he became violent with her belongings, she called police, the report said. She told officers that when he found out she had called, he took the phone and pushed her, causing a visible bruise on her bicep, police said.
When officers arrived, nothing looked disturbed, which was because Liptak had straightened up the scene, police said.
Liptak was charged with disorderly conduct and violation of a protective order and taken to the police station for processing. His ex-wife was notified when he was released from custody on $25,000 bond and given a court date of July 7.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract