FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A local man was charged with drunken driving after he hit the air conditioning unit of a neighbor's house Tuesday evening, police said.
Shortly after 8 p.m., police said they received a call stating that a man was driving his car on the rim of one of the wheels down Knapps Highway. Officers found him a short time later after the driver pulled into his neighbor's driveway and hit the A/C unit attached to the house, police said.
When asked to get out of the car, the driver, 47-year-old Richard Morasuski of Fairfield, had slurred speech and breath that smelled strongly of alcohol, police said.
Officers had Morasuski perform the three standard field sobriety tests, which he failed, police said. He was then taken into custody and taken to the Fairfield Police station for processing, police said.
Morasuski was unable to post $200 bond, was held overnight and brought to court April 23. No information regarding his court appearance was available.
- 1 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 2 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth
- 4 Snow Threatens Fairfield County On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm