FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A local man was charged with drunken driving after he hit the air conditioning unit of a neighbor's house Tuesday evening, police said.
Shortly after 8 p.m., police said they received a call stating that a man was driving his car on the rim of one of the wheels down Knapps Highway. Officers found him a short time later after the driver pulled into his neighbor's driveway and hit the A/C unit attached to the house, police said.
When asked to get out of the car, the driver, 47-year-old Richard Morasuski of Fairfield, had slurred speech and breath that smelled strongly of alcohol, police said.
Officers had Morasuski perform the three standard field sobriety tests, which he failed, police said. He was then taken into custody and taken to the Fairfield Police station for processing, police said.
Morasuski was unable to post $200 bond, was held overnight and brought to court April 23. No information regarding his court appearance was available.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Fairfield Native Hopes New Orchestra Strikes The Right Chord