FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A 58-year-old Fairfield driver who hit a package store was arrested down the road on multiple charges Monday evening, police said.
Several concerned residents called Fairfield police after George Kelly hit the corner of the Tunxis Hill Package Store, but he had left when officers arrived on the scene, police said.
Officers found Kelly driving fast on Euclid Avenue, with juveniles in the road area, where he was stopped and taken into custody, police said.
While Kelly was being processed, officers determined that his ex-wife, who lives on Euclid Avenue, had a criminal protective order against him, police said. The order stated that Kelly was not to be anywhere near the area, police said.
Fairfield police charged Kelly with violation of a criminal protective order, evading responsibility, driving under the influence and reckless driving. He was held on $12,500 bond and taken to court Tuesday, May 20. No information was available on his court appearance.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013