FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Late Monday night, Fairfield police arrested a driver and accused him of driving under the influence after he drove through a construction zone and almost caused an accident.
According to the report James Dunn, 68, of Fairfield, was seen by two marked police cars run over two full sized traffic cones in a construction area before making a U-turn almost causing an accident on the Post Road.
He drove past the two patrol cars with their lights on before he was stopped at the corner of Round Hill Road and Post Road.
Officers report smelling alcohol in the car and when he was asked to perform a field sobriety test Dunn told officers he couldn’t complete them and admitted to having had alcohol earlier in the night.
Dunn was taken to police headquarters, declined calling an attorney and a breath test showed he was above the legal limit.
Police released Dunn into the care of family member on a $100 cash bond, he is due at Bridgeport Superior Court on Oct. 7.
- 1 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 2 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 3 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 4 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say