FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Fairfield man was arrested on charges of hitting his own child after an investigation by the state Department of Children and Families, Fairfield police said.
DCF became involved with the case after a local school reported that an 11-year-old child was seen with bruises on his face and shoulder, police said.
In the police report, Naser Arnaout, 49, said he and the child had an argument about how the child is behaving in school and said the child slammed the door in his face.
Police arrested Arnaout on Thursday on charges of risk of injury to a minor, disorderly conduct and third-degree assault. No court information was available.
No further information was released about the investigation of the child, police said.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 4 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield