FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A Fairfield man was arrested on charges of hitting his own child after an investigation by the state Department of Children and Families, Fairfield police said.
DCF became involved with the case after a local school reported that an 11-year-old child was seen with bruises on his face and shoulder, police said.
In the police report, Naser Arnaout, 49, said he and the child had an argument about how the child is behaving in school and said the child slammed the door in his face.
Police arrested Arnaout on Thursday on charges of risk of injury to a minor, disorderly conduct and third-degree assault. No court information was available.
No further information was released about the investigation of the child, police said.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Investigate Possible Armed Robbery At Fairfield Ice Cream Shop
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield