FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police charged a local man Monday, Aug. 4, with driving under the influence a month after a three-car accident on Black Rock Turnpike.
Gianni Dimeglio, 34, of Fairfield, turned himself in Monday on a warrant obtained by police following the accident.
Police report that Dimeglio had been driving south on Black Rock Turnpike when he drifted across the double yellow lines and hit two cars that were driving north.
The officer on the scene had Dimeglio perform a standard field sobriety test, which he failed, police said. But following the test he told the officers that he had a headache and was shaken up from the accident and was taken to the hospital for evaluation, police said.
The search warrant gave officers access to a blood test done by the hospital, prompting police to apply for an arrest warrant.
Dimeglio was charged with driving under the influence and failure to drive right. He was released on $100 cash bond with a court date of Thursday, Aug. 14.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 3 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station