FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was charged with DUI after police found the car he was driving running and in gear on a Fairfield street early Tuesday morning, according to police reports.
The car was on an embankment at the side of Elm Street with the engine running and the transmission set to reverse, but not moving, police say. Officers also found a cell phone ringing on the side of Noyes Road nearby. When they answered, the caller told them her boyfriend had her car and was intoxicated, according to police reports.
Edwin Lugo, 38, of Bridgeport was found walking on Round Hill Road after a resident complained of a man yelling in the area, police say. He admitted that he had been drinking and smoking marijuana and that he had been driving the abandoned car, according to the police report.
He was arrested after failing a field sobriety test, police say, and charged with driving under the influence, a misdemeanor. He was released after posting a $100 bond, and is due in court Jan. 28.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation