FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A man who failed to sign up with the state's Sex Offender Registry was arrested by officers responding to a trespassing call at the Fairfield Motor Inn on Thursday afternoon, police said.
There were two outstanding warrants for the man in Bridgeport and the State Police, police said.
According to the police report, 43-year-old Derrick Best had failed to register his new Fairfield address with the state's Sex Offenders Registry, prompting the state to issue an arrest warrant. Best had previously lived in Bridgeport and had moved to the Operation Hope building in Fairfield earlier this year, police said.
When officers were picking up Best at the Motor Inn, an active warrant out of Bridgeport was found for his arrest was on a charge of violation of probation, police said.
Best was held on two bonds, $10,000 for failing to register and $100,000 for the violation of probation. He was brought to court July 7 for arraignment.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 2 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 3 Fairfield Man Committed After Dousing Himself, Home In Gasoline
- 4 Ranking Of Fairfield Warde High Among Best Schools Tops Week’s News
- 5 Fairfield Fury Softball Team Wins Scarsdale Tournament