FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A man who failed to sign up with the state's Sex Offender Registry was arrested by officers responding to a trespassing call at the Fairfield Motor Inn on Thursday afternoon, police said.
There were two outstanding warrants for the man in Bridgeport and the State Police, police said.
According to the police report, 43-year-old Derrick Best had failed to register his new Fairfield address with the state's Sex Offenders Registry, prompting the state to issue an arrest warrant. Best had previously lived in Bridgeport and had moved to the Operation Hope building in Fairfield earlier this year, police said.
When officers were picking up Best at the Motor Inn, an active warrant out of Bridgeport was found for his arrest was on a charge of violation of probation, police said.
Best was held on two bonds, $10,000 for failing to register and $100,000 for the violation of probation. He was brought to court July 7 for arraignment.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light