FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Fairfield police were called to the BJ's Wholesale Club on Saturday after receiving a call that a man had shoved a woman in the parking lot, police said.
When officers arrived they found Jaime Montes-Santos, 34, of Bridgeport, arguing with his girlfriend, police said.
According to witness reports, Montes-Santos and his girlfriend had been having a verbal argument when he shoved and assaulted her in the parking lot. Police say the argument was over her moving out.
Montes-Santos was charged with breach of peace and third-degree assault and was held on $5,000 bond. He was taken to court Monday morning. No information regarding his court appearance was available.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 5 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State