FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Fairfield police were called to the BJ's Wholesale Club on Saturday after receiving a call that a man had shoved a woman in the parking lot, police said.
When officers arrived they found Jaime Montes-Santos, 34, of Bridgeport, arguing with his girlfriend, police said.
According to witness reports, Montes-Santos and his girlfriend had been having a verbal argument when he shoved and assaulted her in the parking lot. Police say the argument was over her moving out.
Montes-Santos was charged with breach of peace and third-degree assault and was held on $5,000 bond. He was taken to court Monday morning. No information regarding his court appearance was available.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 C. Mark Griggs, 50, Of Fairfield, Worked For Stop & Shop