FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A man was stopped outside the Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue in Fairfield after trying to steal $53 worth of Red Bull from the store, police said.
Police were called Sunday by a loss prevention agent at the store who said she was watching a blonde woman in a brown sweater who put several cans of the energy drink into a basket, went into the back of the store and put a dark coat over the cans and attempted to walk out without paying.
The manager stopped the suspect just outside the store and asked for the Red Bull back, police said. The suspect then dropped the basket and fled from the parking lot toward Bridgeport, police said.
Officers apprehended the suspect a short time later and brought him to the police station, police said.
The suspect was identified as Jose Espinosa, 36, of Bridgeport, who was charged with sixth-degree larceny. He was released on a promise to appear in court May 5.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 5 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm