FAIRFIELD, Conn. - After a long investigation, Fairfield police charged a Bridgeport man with four car break-ins at the Edge Fitness Center in January.
Bridgeport police officers brought Joel Lopez, 27, to the Fairfield police headquarters Monday evening after he was picked up near the P.T. Barnum apartments, police said.
Lopez was involved in the breaking and entering of four cars on Jan. 27 and attempted to use credit cards that were taken from the cars, Fairfield police said.
The four car break-ins involved smashed windows and stolen items at the Edge Fitness Center, Fairfield police said.
All the break-ins occurred between 5:30 and 9 p.m. on Jan. 27 in cars parked at the Edge, police said. A video surveillance camera caught the figure of a suspicious man during that time frame, but police were unable to get a good view of a face.
Police said they later were able to get a surveillance photo of Lopez at a store where he attempted to use one of the stolen credit cards.
Fairfield police charged Lopez with third-degree burglary, second-degree criminal mischief, fourth-degree larceny, credit card theft and illegal use of a credit card. He was held on $50,000 bond and given a court date of Aug. 7.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66