FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A man stole $2,800 from an employee at Stop & Shop in Fairfield by using the employee's debit card to purchase popcorn while withdrawing a large amount of cash Saturday, police report.
The employee contacted police after receiving a text alerting him that money had been withdrawn from the account several times in a short period of time.
Officers determined there had been multiple withdrawals of $200.50 totaling $2,800, police said.
The suspect, who was seen in surveillance video wearing a red hooded sweatshirt, stole the money by purchasing a 50-cent bag of popcorn and then withdrawing the maximum cash per transaction while using the employee's debit card, police said.
The police department is investigating.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield