FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- An officer on an early Monday morning routine patrol stopped a man riding a bike on Sunny Ridge Avenue in Fairfield, an area that has recently reported numerous thefts from cars, police said.
The officer stopped the man, and after identifying him as Toby Waring, 35, of Fairfield, found two outstanding arrest warrants for him from Bridgeport Police and the Connecticut State Police on a charge of failure to appear, police said.
Officers also found that Waring had a pipe, commonly used to smoke crack cocaine, in his possession, police said.
Waring was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and released on a promise to appear in court on Aug. 5. He was also held on bonds of $1,000 and $2,500 on the two failure to appear charges with court dates of Aug. 5 and Aug. 12.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 2 Bridgeport House Painter Charged In Burglary Of Fairfield Home
- 3 Renovations At Fairfield Ludlowe Will Cost More Than Expected
- 4 Fairfield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Fairfield Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend