FAIRFIELD, Conn. - In the past two weeks, the Fairfield Police Department has participated in the statewide “Click it or Ticket” campaign, deploying extra patrols and setting up checkpoints tasked primarily with conducting seatbelt enforcement.
The results of the two weeks of enforcement are:
• 232 seat belt infractions issued
• 3 child safety seat infractions issued
• 10 speeding infractions issued
• 2 DUI arrests made
• 186 other traffic citations issued
• 13 non-traffic-related infractions/citations
Before the “Click it or Ticket” campaign began, a survey was conducted by observing 200 drivers. That survey showed that 85 percent of drivers were wearing seatbelts. At the conclusion of the campaign, a survey was conducted at the same location and time of day and showed that 89.5 percent of drivers were now wearing seatbelts.
The Fairfield Police Department reminds all drivers to buckle up when in any vehicle.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community