FAIRFIELD, Conn. - In the past two weeks, the Fairfield Police Department has participated in the statewide “Click it or Ticket” campaign, deploying extra patrols and setting up checkpoints tasked primarily with conducting seatbelt enforcement.
The results of the two weeks of enforcement are:
• 232 seat belt infractions issued
• 3 child safety seat infractions issued
• 10 speeding infractions issued
• 2 DUI arrests made
• 186 other traffic citations issued
• 13 non-traffic-related infractions/citations
Before the “Click it or Ticket” campaign began, a survey was conducted by observing 200 drivers. That survey showed that 85 percent of drivers were wearing seatbelts. At the conclusion of the campaign, a survey was conducted at the same location and time of day and showed that 89.5 percent of drivers were now wearing seatbelts.
The Fairfield Police Department reminds all drivers to buckle up when in any vehicle.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Fairfield; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight