FAIRFIELD, Conn. - In the past two weeks, the Fairfield Police Department has participated in the statewide “Click it or Ticket” campaign, deploying extra patrols and setting up checkpoints tasked primarily with conducting seatbelt enforcement.
The results of the two weeks of enforcement are:
• 232 seat belt infractions issued
• 3 child safety seat infractions issued
• 10 speeding infractions issued
• 2 DUI arrests made
• 186 other traffic citations issued
• 13 non-traffic-related infractions/citations
Before the “Click it or Ticket” campaign began, a survey was conducted by observing 200 drivers. That survey showed that 85 percent of drivers were wearing seatbelts. At the conclusion of the campaign, a survey was conducted at the same location and time of day and showed that 89.5 percent of drivers were now wearing seatbelts.
The Fairfield Police Department reminds all drivers to buckle up when in any vehicle.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 5 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm