FAIRFIELD, Conn. - In the past two weeks, the Fairfield Police Department has participated in the statewide “Click it or Ticket” campaign, deploying extra patrols and setting up checkpoints tasked primarily with conducting seatbelt enforcement.
The results of the two weeks of enforcement are:
• 232 seat belt infractions issued
• 3 child safety seat infractions issued
• 10 speeding infractions issued
• 2 DUI arrests made
• 186 other traffic citations issued
• 13 non-traffic-related infractions/citations
Before the “Click it or Ticket” campaign began, a survey was conducted by observing 200 drivers. That survey showed that 85 percent of drivers were wearing seatbelts. At the conclusion of the campaign, a survey was conducted at the same location and time of day and showed that 89.5 percent of drivers were now wearing seatbelts.
The Fairfield Police Department reminds all drivers to buckle up when in any vehicle.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade