FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police were investigating the discovery Wednesday of a bone in the dirt near a construction site on Mill Hill and Bronson roads, police said.
A girl on a walk saw what looked like a bone in the dirt and thought it might be from a human, according to the police report. The girl told her mother of the discovery, police said.
The bone had been cut on either side, police said. They had no immediate knowledge of what kind of bone it was, police said.
The bone was sent to the state labs for analysis.
There is no information regarding the bone or where it might have come from, police said. They are continuing to investigate and awaiting the analysis from the state lab.
- 1 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Stephen Bowers, 53, Longtime Fairfield Resident, Worked At GE