FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police were investigating the discovery Wednesday of a bone in the dirt near a construction site on Mill Hill and Bronson roads, police said.
A girl on a walk saw what looked like a bone in the dirt and thought it might be from a human, according to the police report. The girl told her mother of the discovery, police said.
The bone had been cut on either side, police said. They had no immediate knowledge of what kind of bone it was, police said.
The bone was sent to the state labs for analysis.
There is no information regarding the bone or where it might have come from, police said. They are continuing to investigate and awaiting the analysis from the state lab.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Fairfield Skies On Sunday
- 4 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 5 Fairfield Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday