FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield police were investigating the discovery Wednesday of a bone in the dirt near a construction site on Mill Hill and Bronson roads, police said.
A girl on a walk saw what looked like a bone in the dirt and thought it might be from a human, according to the police report. The girl told her mother of the discovery, police said.
The bone had been cut on either side, police said. They had no immediate knowledge of what kind of bone it was, police said.
The bone was sent to the state labs for analysis.
There is no information regarding the bone or where it might have come from, police said. They are continuing to investigate and awaiting the analysis from the state lab.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield
- 5 United Illuminating Repairs Power Outages In Fairfield After Storm