FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Detectives in the Fairfield Police Department are investigating an armed robbery that happened at the Brooklawn Liquor Store shortly after 8 p.m. Friday, police said.
Officers were called to the liquor store after a hold-up alarm was activated, according to the police report. While on their way, officers received a call from the store manager saying that two men were in the store, both in hoodies and one holding a gun, police said.
The gun was described as a small silver semi-automatic pistol, police said. One man was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, the other wore a navy blue one, police said.
Store employees said one of the men pushed the owner into a shelf and ordered the manager to put money into a brown plastic bag, police said. They were able to take about $1,000 in cash from the store, police said.
The two men fled on foot toward Capital Avenue and were gone before officers arrived, police said.
Police are investigating the incident and seeking the suspects.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 5 Fairfield Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up