FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Fairfield police charged a man with sexual assault of a minor after a 15-year-old girl was reported missing by her family Thursday, police said.
According to the police report, the girl was visiting family in Fairfield from out of the country and met Bridgeport resident Hilario Perez-Canalizo, 32, at a gym in Trumbull a week ago.
Her family notified police Thursday night that she was missing, police said. She and Perez-Canalizo were later found at Owen Fish Park, police said.
Police said they interviewed Perez-Canalizo and the 15-year-old and determined that an assault had taken place at Perez-Canalizo's Bridgeport house.
Perez-Canalizo was taken into custody and processed at police headquarters. He was charged with second-degree sexual assault and two counts of risk of injury to a minor and was held on $100,000 bond.
After he was charged, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security contacted police to request a phone interview with Perez-Canalizo. Police Sgt. Sue Lussier said Perez-Canalizo was still being held for an unknown reason for Homeland Security.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66