FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Fairfield police charged a man with sexual assault of a minor after a 15-year-old girl was reported missing by her family Thursday, police said.
According to the police report, the girl was visiting family in Fairfield from out of the country and met Bridgeport resident Hilario Perez-Canalizo, 32, at a gym in Trumbull a week ago.
Her family notified police Thursday night that she was missing, police said. She and Perez-Canalizo were later found at Owen Fish Park, police said.
Police said they interviewed Perez-Canalizo and the 15-year-old and determined that an assault had taken place at Perez-Canalizo's Bridgeport house.
Perez-Canalizo was taken into custody and processed at police headquarters. He was charged with second-degree sexual assault and two counts of risk of injury to a minor and was held on $100,000 bond.
After he was charged, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security contacted police to request a phone interview with Perez-Canalizo. Police Sgt. Sue Lussier said Perez-Canalizo was still being held for an unknown reason for Homeland Security.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 3 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors