FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A man was charged Friday in the theft of $1,000 in Rogaine and razors from the Black Rock Turnpike CVS Pharmacy in Fairfield on Sept. 3, police said.
A CVS manager reported that a black man filled a large Hallmark gift bag with Rogaine and razors, valued at more than $1,000, before leaving the store and fleeing in a gray sedan with New York plates, police said.
During the investigation, officers found that the car had been rented from National Rent-A-Car in the Bronx, N.Y., by Akinola Ebanks, 27, of the Bronx, police said.
Officers determined that similar thefts occurred in pharmacies in New Canaan and Wilton, police said. Wilton police had video survelliance of a man fitting Ebanks' description.
Ebanks was charged in the theft while in court Friday. He was charged with fourth-degree larceny and fourth-degree conspiracy to commit larceny. Bond was set at $10,000.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Ranking Of Fairfield Warde High Among Best Schools Tops Week’s News