FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A 26-year-old Bridgeport man was arrested after stealing a pregnant woman's purse and dragging her along with his car as she attempted to get it back, Fairfield police said.
The woman told officers that she was coming out of the store at the Cumberland Farms gas station on Kings Highway East in Fairfield when she saw a man getting out of her car with her purse Friday evening, police said.
When the victim confronted the man, he quickly got into a Nissan with tinted windows and sped up, police said. He dragged the woman, who had been standing in front of the car, a short distance in the parking lot, police said.
An ambulance was called after the woman said her hands were hurt and that she was six weeks pregnant, police said. She told officers that her $400 Michael Kors purse, containing her driver's license and credit and debit cards, had been taken, police said.
A witness supplied officers with partial plate number, police said. On Saturday, officers located Michael Savignano at his home in Bridgeport, police said.
He was arrested and charged with third-degree burglary, third-degree assault on a pregnant person , fifth-degree larceny, first-degree reckless endangerment and first-degree robbery.
Savignano was held on $200,000 bond and given a court date of March 7 at Bridgeport Superior Court.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving